Note: April 28, 2020
Posts on my other blogs do not show up on this blog. I realized this when someone asked me the other day about my daily blogging challenge. They asked,
“If I was supposed to publish a post every day, then why wasn’t I publishing a blog post every day on this site?”
The fact is that I Have been publishing a new post every day, but not only on this blog. I have three other sites where I publish posts. They are:
a. MyKitaab Podcast
b. Underworld Startup Blog
c. My All Things Podcasting Blog
Since April 12th 2020, I have published one new blog post every day,unfortunately, I forgot to add the links to those articles here. And for those who may not know that I write at multiple places, that might leave room for confusion. Or misunderstanding. Or both.
How to bring in feeds from other blogs
- One option I was considering was to introduce new categories, one for each of the blogs, and create pages that will receive updates from the RSS feed.
- Other option was to mention about the posts on other sites in a couple of lines, as a daily journal.
- The third option is to past the content of the other blog posts here, either as excerpts or as “add on”
- Fourth method: use the canonical tags and re-publish the entire post here.
- Finally, publishing a content calendar and mentioning the publishing schedule as a sticky. I have mentioned about the need for a content calendar in a previous post. Maybe Option 5 is the way forward.
What do you think? Is there another possibility or possibilities that I may not have considered/ Is there a better, smarter way to maintain transparency, sanity, and consistency at the same time? Comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Links to my posts form this week, published on other sites
a. Re-Testing: OVZ Virtual Private Server (VPS) by Hostslick