Note: April 28, 2020 Apologies for the issue with images: the server which the images are served went offline. I am moving the images to a CDN, by midnight IST May 3rd, all images should be restored.
Posts on my other blogs do not show up on this blog. I realized this when someone asked me the other day about my daily blogging challenge. They asked,
If I was supposed to publish a post every day, then why wasn’t I publishing a blog post every day on this site?
The fact is that I Have been publishing a new post every day, but not only on this blog. I have three other sites where I publish posts. They are:
a. MyKitaab Podcast
b. Underworld Startup Blog
c. My All Things Podcasting Blog
Since April 12th 2020, I have published one new blog post every day,unfortunately, I forgot to add the links to those articles here. And for those who may not know that I write at multiple places, that might leave room for confusion. Or misunderstanding. Or both.
How to bring in feeds from other blogs
- One option I was considering was to introduce new categories, one for each of the blogs, and create pages that will receive updates from the RSS feed.
- Other option was to mention about the posts on other sites in a couple of lines, as a daily journal.
- The third option is to past the content of the other blog posts here, either as excerpts or as “add on”
- Fourth method: use the canonical tags and re-publish the entire post here.
- Finally, publishing a content calendar and mentioning the publishing schedule as a sticky. I have mentioned about the need for a content calendar in a previous post. Maybe Option 5 is the way forward.
What do you think? Is there another possibility or possibilities that I may not have considered/ Is there a better, smarter way to maintain transparency, sanity, and consistency at the same time? Comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Links to my posts form this week, published on other sites
|Post published on podcast.amarvyas.com||Post published on Amarvyas.com|